The Yule Ball will take place on Thursday, December 15
at The Red Dutch Barn in Greer.
The barn will be completely transformed for one enchanted winter evening, inspired by the Yule Ball scene from Harry Potter. We'll have beautiful backdrops, a whimsical dance floor, floating candles and stars, a DJ, special lighting, and much more.
Family Ball for Underage Wizards, Older Siblings, & Their Parents
6:00 - 7:30 PM
This will be a very special time for families to dance the night away, and get swept up in the enchantment of the evening!
Formal Ball for Tweens & Teens
7:30 - 9:30 PM
Comparable to a homecoming dance, but with a wizarding theme. This part of the evening will be chaperoned by homeschool parents (and a select number of complimentary chaperone tickets are available at the link above).
Tickets are $20 per person.
A special family of 4 package is available for $75.
• If your student is age 10+ and would like to attend the Family Ball and then stay for the Formal Ball, they are welcome to do so! Please purchase a Family Package or an Individual Student Ticket to the Family Ball.
• Toddlers are more than welcome to attend the Family Ball. Please purchase a ticket for a toddler age 3+.
• We don't necessarily recommend that babies age 2 and under attend, because the music will be loud, and there will not be a quiet/changing/nursing area or stroller storage. This is subject to your discretion though, and you can bring your baby if you choose to! There is no charge (and no ticket is necessary) for babies age 2 and under.
Semi-Formal or Formal. Robes, Capes/Capelets strongly suggested (but not required).
This evening is being planned by the Yule Ball committee at The Coop: Clubs, Adventures, and Events , a learning and real world adventure club in Travelers Rest. Thank you to Andrea Moreau, DeAnn Smith Karns, Joy Marie Tramuta, Sita Sindhi, Christina Cantrell. The Yule Ball will be a lot of fun, and not stuffy! Don't envision a large amount of formality -- instead imagine a whimsical evening and an energetic dance floor! Our DJ will be playing your favorite top 40's music, and there will be a photo booth, a Honeydukes candy station, and an unforgettable night of memories with your family and homeschool friends.
SETUP & CHAPERONES (COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS)
• If you would like to be part of our Decor Setup Team, we'd love to have you that day from noon-3:00 pm. We'll wrap up early so we have time to dress for the night!
• If you would like to oversee final preparations and man the check-in table, we'd love to have you from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
• If you would like to chaperone the Formal Ball and stay for cleanup, we'll see you that night from 7:30 pm until about 11:00 pm.